Child, Young Adult and Family Activities. A Tireless Commitment to a Better Quality of Life.
Authentic and organic, FACT's range of activities and events create a stimulating, joyful, loving, inclusive environment, that enhances life for everyone that participates.
Created By Families for Individuals and Families Affected by ASD
FACT was created for families by families affected by ASD, years before autism was even topical. Therefore FACT programs and activities are not developed to "drive revenue" for the company, but to provide the most experiential value possible for FACT children, young adults, their siblings and their parents.
We create our programs in order to achieve two very simple objectives:
- For children and young adults on the Spectrum to have a place to grow, be themselves, and most importantly relate to and be supported by their peers
- For families to "be all they can be"
A Full Slate of Continually Evolving Programs
We have created an infrastructure to create and manage a range of stimulating programs designed to support the entire family. All elements are ultimately designed to help those on the Spectrum with character building, problem solving, mobility training, daily living skills, teamwork, organization, and executive function. A fast phone interview will help us determine the best program or combination of programs for your child.
- School Break and Summer Programs – we understand the pressure that school breaks put on all families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder. That's why we have designed special programs for Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring and Summer recesses that utilize projects, field trips and themed events to continue developing interpersonal skills, problem solving, mobility training, self confidence, executive function and social effectiveness.
- Weekend Roundabouts – once a month on Saturdays from 12:30-4:30 and Sundays from 4:00-6:00, 6th-12th graders meet for Team building activities and community service outings that focus on mobility, executive function and life skills training and participate in a recurring community service project. Each roundabout is tailored to the group's specific level, and activities often include going to restaurants, planning a movie, going to bookstores and libraries. See what's in store for your child at the Roundabout.
- Emerging Leaders ("EL") - a unique, regularly scheduled weekend program, "EL" offers young adults an opportunity to hone their leadership skills and knowledge. Activities can include working as tutors for younger clients and their families, assisting teens in transition or facilitating diversity education as part of the YMCA's Service Opportunity Learning Program, all while enjoying the camaraderie of their peers.
- Family Outings & Events - over the past 10 years FACT families have scrap books filled with adventures ranging from annual whale watching trips, surfing and beach camp, to special museum visits and other special events. The activities change, but the families of FACT never waver in their purpose. To have families, including peers, uncles, aunts, grandparents and close friends have typical family experiences in a community with a unique bond of appreciating and understanding one another.
Check Back with FACT Frequently
Activities are constantly changing, being refreshed and upgraded as families and our own staff make suggestions to improve the experience and quality of life for all. Please check back with us regularly to see the new experiences offered for your family and loved ones. Or tell us what you want!