Adult Autism Treatment in Los Angeles
You See The World Differently
It’s happened since you were a kid. Maybe you were even diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or Autism Spectrum Disorder, but with no real intervention other than the occasional tutor.
Things like static types of learning have come easily. In contrast, life’s “hidden curriculum” has led to difficulty in social settings, higher education, work and relationships. And for many adults (and young adults) trying to “fit in” has created a lifetime of anxiety, frequent depression, and a nagging feeling of isolation and exclusion.
FACT Can Help You Plot a Path for a Better Quality of Life
As pioneers in the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), FACT has brought our formula of leading edge therapies combined with robust family support to hundreds of families at virtually all points on the “Spectrum”.
If you haven’t already, call us to schedule a diagnostic test. With just a single session, we can provide you with standardized information concerning the diagnosis of autism in the areas of social behavior, use of vocalizations/speech and gesture in social situations, and interests.
Highly Customized Treatment from a Palate of Leading Edge Therapies and Support Services
Following diagnosis or for those who have been tested or diagnosed elsewhere, FACT offers counseling to facilitate better work and social adjustment. FACT trained therapists will create a customized treatment plan from a wide palate of proven and cutting edge therapies including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - for those on the Spectrum, negative and unrealistic thoughts often cause distress and result in even more problems for the entire family.
- Interactive Guided Imagery - this therapy, often used by sports psychologists, literally opens a dialog between mind and body.
- Couples Counseling - our licensed Marriage and Family Therapists are specifically experienced in dealing with the many issues facing couples where one of the partners is diagnosed with autism.
- Family Therapy - particularly for adults living at home, FACT is experienced working with issues that arise as they transition to the next stages of their lives at work or living independently.
- Group Therapy - participants gain support/social effectiveness in specially constructed groups that allow clients to realize that they are not isolated, and gain support for their efforts to take on new responsibilities and experiences.
Talk to Us for 30 Minutes. It Could Change the Rest of Your life.