Commitment for Life
FACT isn't just a clinical resource. For hundreds of families FACT is a way of life, beginning as toddlers, celebrating their child's accomplishment and growth until they become more independent adults. And along the way helping families uncertain about the future become all they can be.
We Need to Assist More Families
As public assistance programs are dramatically reduced, or cut all together, many FACT families, and thousands of others with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Los Angeles, find it difficult to begin or continue receiving the services and support they desperately need.
As a registered 501C3, not-for–profit, FACT can apply your support in many unique ways. Here's how you can help:
- Create a Magical Summer for a Child with Autism - summer is a critical time to help those on the Spectrum continue to develop their personal interests, cultivate independence, friendships and their creativity. And of equal importance allow their parents and siblings a moment to relax. Your tax deductible contributions to a child or young adult for an entire month of personal growth. Development that can be a launch pad for a better quality of life.
- Be a Corporate Sponsor of A Family Summer Program- particularly in this economic environment, many FACT families can no longer afford the family experiences like Camp Surf, and our day programs and week long sleep away program.
- Send a Child to Daily Summer Activities– not only will kids create valuable peer relationships and parents get a much needed break from a very intense life, but you will feel most gratified to help a special needs child with character building, problem solving, mobility training, teamwork, organization, and executive function – critical skills needed for their development.
- Consider Lending Your Brain and Business Knowledge - as part of FACT's innovative transition programs, young adults will be conceiving, funding and running a micro enterprise. Passing on your experience and guidance for just a couple of hours a month can be invaluable to participant's growth and self determination.
- Help Create An Apprentice Program – for those in a position of influence, or who own a business, the largest, most important gift of all is to work with FACT to give young adults the priceless experience of meaningful work. As part of our post high school "GAP" (Generating All Possibilities) Program, FACT will work with your company to help design the work environment, train staff and if needed provide daily support to and on the job.